Everywhere we go and scroll Trump and Brexit are there to get us down in the dumps, so we wanted to help you all with some tips on how to forget about all this silliness by being, well - even more silly. Here are 3 ways to beat the trumpy brexit blues:
1. Experience something new & feel dope
You can’t control what is going on out there, but you can control what it is you do now. The best way to gain distance from all the drama is to unplug from the media and enjoy living in the moment in your own world.
According to psychological studies novelty, aka experiencing something new, increases our levels of dopamine. So for the sake of your own sanity listen to the science and stop drowning your sorrows at the same old local. Instead make some time in your diary to experience new things; heck - screw the diary just go and do it! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Rock, Paper, Scissor Championships in London - 19th November
- Maman Le Mot: Top secret bunker and bistro experience
- Go Zorbing: make your own world spin in a giant hamster ball
- Have a laugh at this Comedy Night in Brighton, Stand Up & Slam
- Solve the clues to win Chastity’s Aphrodisiac wine in London or Brighton
2. Surf YouTube and enjoy silly videos
We know we are always banging on about escaping technology here at Handmade Mysteries, but some mindless scrolling is okay now and then.
When you have finished your adventures out in the real world try to avoid social feeds plastered with Trumpdom and instead watch silly videos on YouTube. Here are some that gave us a giggle:
- Mr Show - The Story of Everest
- Jurassic Park Theme Song (Melodica Cover)
- Uncle Rubbish - LadyWoman
- And remember… Super Furry Animals - It's Not the End of the World?
3. Enjoy a Netflix binge in your own bubble
If you are still struggling to shift your blues then maybe you need some downtime. Gather your favourite treats and tipple so you can settle in for a good old Netflix binge. Escaping into a fictional world could be just what you need, so here are some series that could serve as a welcome distraction:
- Once Upon a Time: twisted fairy tale characters lost in reality
- The Walking Dead: at least we are not facing a zombie apocalypse… yet
- Stranger Things: a fictional world that is more chilling than gory
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: she knows how to find the silver lining
Just live in the moment & try to enjoy Christmas
If none of the above gets you buzzing then there is always Christmas. There is no harm in cracking out the board games early and enjoying some distance from the media.
Tis the season to be jolly, so enjoy the opportunity to over indulge guilt free and remember - we are all in this together.